Landlord Insurance

If you own a buy-to-let property it's important to look after your investment by insuring its buildings and contents. While regular home insurance may still cover you, there are extra risks involved when tenants are involved, which means you may want to consider taking out insurance specifically designed for landlords.

If the property you're letting was your home, it's essential you tell your current insurer you are doing so or your policy could be null and void. Your insurer may be happy with this change, although it may require that tenants meet specific criteria, and may offer you the same cover at no extra cost. "If your existing insurer says it will cost more, look around for another policy," recommends Malcolm Harrison, spokesman for the Association of Residential Letting Agents.

Landlord Buildings Insurance Landlord Contents Insurance Landlord Buy To Let Insurance Landlords Insurance Landlord Rental Insurance
Back To Homepage